The general accountant position is responsible for overseeing the general accounting processes, which includes journal entries, reconciliation, analysis and assisting the controller to produce the monthly financial statements. This position requires strong analytical, technological, organizational, and communication skills.
- Assisting the controller in preparing monthly financial statements
- Assisting in preparation of year-end audit files
- Be part of the accounting team in managing all aspects of the general ledger.
- Acts as liaison (managing) with the other accounting functions/departments
- Managing fixed assets (creation, reconciliation, and reporting)
- Reconciling monthly intercompany loans and prepaid expenses
- Enforcing and maintaining internal controls
- Providing monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting and analyses
- Assisting with the budget process
- Assisting with analysis and reporting
- Various reporting and remittances (Stats Canada / Corporate / GST-QST / others)
- Reconciling GL control accounts
- Creating and managing recurring journal entries (creation and execution)
- Ensure internal controls comply with corporate policies and procedures; suggest improvements.
- Non-exhaustive list - All other accounting and administrative tasks, if any.
- In the context of a rapidly fast pace changing and evolving organization, I-D Foods can add, remove, modify, redefine these functions and tasks to suit the needs of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in general accounting
- Advanced Accounting and Excel knowledge are essential - SAP experience is a plus.
- Organization skills are required.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, and as part of a team.
- Takes initiative and is proactive.
- Mastery of spoken and written English and French
- Complete all tasks identified in the job description.
- Meet monthly and annual schedules.
- Work professionally with various groups and clients